Bus and Coach
Manage running costs, reduce carbon footprint, improve road safety, decrease accidents and improve passenger comfort and safety are the daily challenges that Bus and Coach companies face. MiX Telematics solutions help to meet these challenges head on.
In Vehicle Monitoring Systems
As a Bus and Coach Operator, it’s essential to have complete visibility of your fleet at all times. The use of monitoring technologies, such as In Vehicle Monitoring Systems (IVMS) assists in improving efficiencies, cutting costs and solves your most difficult business challenges.
We offer IVMS through MiX SafeDrive, which comprises of an on-board computer, an online tracking and information portal as well as access to powerful and valuable fleet and driver reports and analytics, enabling fleet managers to remain connected to their fleet at all times.
We have helped a number of Bus and Coach companies to realise significant benefits from using MiX Telematics solutions. One of those clients is Red Bus, New Zealand who chose MiX Telematics as they wanted to monitor driver behaviour as well as improve fuel efficiencies.
With MiX SafeDrive, Bus and Coach clients benefit from:
- Ability to monitor driver behaviour to improve fuel efficiency and reduce accidents.
- Ensuring the safety of their passengers.
- Locating vehicles to determine on-time arrivals along pre-determined routes and at scheduled stops.
- Locating vehicles to facilitate servicing and licensing procedures.
- Monitoring vehicles’ trip durations as well as drivers’ working hours.
MiX SafeDrive Driver training comprises:
- Specific driver development programmes, including online driver training for MiX SafeDrive
- Defensive driver training
- Heavy Vehicle Operators
- Four-wheel drive and recovery techniques
- Train the trainer programmes
We have demonstrated the effectiveness of our training programmes through achievements that include a 72% sustained improvement in driver behaviours in just 6 weeks after implementation and a 15% cost saving in fuel alone in the first 12 months.
In Cab Driving Aid
The RIBAS Display is an in-cab driving aid that helps drivers to improve their driving style. RIBAS stands for:
- Ride Comfort (Cornering) or Over Revving
- Excessive Idling
- Harsh Braking
- Harsh Acceleration
- Over Speeding
Using an unobtrusive system of symbols with Red/Amber/Green (RAG) status lights, accompanied by audible warning tones, drivers are given feedback on their driving style, particularly regarding over-revving, excessive idling, harsh braking and acceleration and over speeding.
The unit can be configured in a number of different ways to provide customers with the most effective method of delivering alerts to a driver.
Using RIBAS, customers will experience the following benefits:
- Immediate notification to driver of errors or transgressions
- Safer, smoother driving
- Improved passenger experience
- Reduced wear and tear
- Improved fuel efficiency
- Reduced accident severity